Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Five point someone ... and One night at the call centre

Two books at the first go.. well because these two books are inseparable, But why Chetan bhagat (the author), well simply because i like five point someone.. not because it is about IIT.. it is not even about IIT bombay. But yes the culture, the way they behave and the thinking definitely clicks.
I liked five point someone because of its simplicity of narration (though i still find the story hard to swallow). But yes i could relate to it, imagine places in my institute in similar settings. So i finished the book in one go. I dont know how much non iitians will like it. I am hoping to get some feedback from some non iitian friends of what they think about this book?

So afetr five point someone i liked teh writing style so picked up one night at the call centre. I knew it was some story about a call centre and a phone call .. some people i spoke to had told me it is not so great .. but the brave soul i am i went ahad and read it.

Well I did not like it.. it was very much put downable (i hate to leave a book midway !!!) so i braced myself and finished it hoping there would be something in the book, but alas it was below my expectations - or maybe had i set my expectations too high???

2 comments:

Sambit Kumar Dash said...

Five point someone has an association with the author the call center book was a what next. Authors cannot write when they ask the question what next. They only write when it comes naturally to them.

Sambit Kumar Dash said...

hey are you done with reviews? it seems like the only entry for years